Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sure Signs that Spring is in the Air in Rhode Island

There are definite signs that spring is in the air in Rhode Island. Here are few of mine.

Evelyn's Nanaquaket Drive In Restaurant, Tiverton, RI opens. I drive by Evelyn's every day. I get so excited when I see them preparing for opening. First they start paying attention to clam shell parking lot. Bringing in a fresh layer and spreading just so. Then you see the trucks starting their deliveries. Definite sign spring is here. You might want to join their facebook page in case you can't visit.

Next everywhere I go I see these plates. Welcome back.
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

People are coming out of their houses. Walking up and down Main Rd. along the water front.

These next things crack me up. First day above 60 degrees people are sporting the shorts, sandals, and tank tops and if you happen to own a convertible car you can be sure the top is down. Not me I love when I get in my car and my brain is telling me to open the windows but my hand just won't listen. Love that heat.


I am also a food network nut at times. So while looking at videos about Tiverton, RI I came across this one. I remember when this "Guy" was competing on "The Next Food Network Star". Don't know how I missed this episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". This is home, no really, this is the pond I live on. What a hoot! So I leave you drooling and anticipating the opening of Evelyn's. Opens this weekend.





So what signs tell you Spring and Summer are just around the corner?

No comments: